Turn Zatarain's Black Beans and Rice Mix into a one-skillet chili meal that the whole gang will love. Corn and red bell pepper add color and texture to create a flavorful dinner idea.
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Black Beans and Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion and bell pepper; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink. Drain fat.
Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon oil, Rice Mix, water, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, garlic powder and crushed red pepper.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minute or until most of the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent rice and beans from sticking.