Rigatoni & Homemade Vodka Sauce w/ Michael Angelo's Eggplant Parmesan for a Hearty Italian Dinner. Thank you to Melissa at Persnickety Plates for sharing this recipe with us!
1 lb rigatoni
2 cups heavy cream
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 oz vodka
2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1½ teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
¼ cup peas
1. In a large skillet, add the heavy cream, crushed tomatoes, vodka, basil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, cover, and cook over medium heat until the sauce comes to a boil, stirring often.
2. Uncover, turn heat to low, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the rigatoni until al dente (or however soft you like it). Drain and set aside.
4. After 30 minutes of the sauce simmering, stir in the parmesan cheese and peas.
5. Stir in the cooked rigatoni.
6. Serve with Michael Angelo's eggplant parmesan.