An easy recipe for meatloaf studded with tasty veggies.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a 10-oz. box Birds Eye® Chopped Broccoli, thawed
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground round
- 1/2 cup crushed butter flavored crackers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, red pepper, onion, garlic and broccoli and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Add vegetables to a large bowl with ground round, crushed crackers, eggs, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Mix gently until just combined.
Press into 10-inch loaf pan. Cover with ketchup and bake until thermometer inserted in the center registers 160°F, about 1 hour.
Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Tip: Serve with Birds Eye Peas and roasted sweet potato wedges