- Sponsored By: Cool Food Panel
This Vegetarian Tortilla Casserole is made with wholesome ingredients like onions, bell pepper, corn, beans, vegetarian burger patties, corn tortillas and shredded cheese. It’s a great recipe for vegetarians and meat eaters alike, since the veggie patties have a meaty flavor and texture.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ large bell pepper, diced
- 4 original Gardenburger patties
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (4 oz can) diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 6 oz. Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat; sauté onion and bell pepper until softened.
- Crumble Gardenburger patties and stir into pepper and onions. Stir in cumin and chili powder until fully incorporated.
- Stir in green chilies, corn, black beans and salsa and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Place 4 tortillas in bottom of baking dish with edges overlapping. Spread ⅓ veggie mixture over tortillas and top with 2 ounces of cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients by assembling layers of tortillas, veggies, and cheese. Ending with shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.