- Sponsored By: Cool Food Panel
Our Cool Food Panelist, Alison from IngredientsInc.net cleaned out her freezer and created the most awesome Vegetarian Pasta dish. This is so easy and quick, under 30 minutes to prepare. Feel free to use any frozen vegetables in this recipe or add leftover cooked chicken or shrimp if you wish!
- 2 1/2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed well
- 1 cup frozen sliced mushrooms, thawed
- 1 cup frozen okra, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 12-oz. penne noodles, cooked and drained
- Fresh basil, shredded Parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes
Cook spinach, mushrooms, okra and onion according to package directions in the microwave. Drain if needed.
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook spinach, mushrooms, okra and onions in hot oil 5 minutes until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Add marinara sauce and reduce heat to low; simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve sauce over penne pasta and top with fresh basil, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately.