- Sponsored By: Tyson®
- Featured Product: Tyson® Individually Fresh Frozen® Chicken Breast Tenderloins
Get a taste of southern cooking in your kitchen with this Louisiana chicken and beans skillet recipe.
- 12 Tyson® Individually Fresh Frozen® Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 4 cup hot cooked rice
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (16-oz.) red or kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (1/4-1/2-oz.) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
Cook rice according to package directions; keep warm. Meanwhile, wash hands. Rinse chicken under cool running water for 1 to 2 minutes to remove ice glaze, then cut into 1-inch chunks; sprinkle with seasoning. Wash hands.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion. Cover; cook 6 minutes, turning once. Add beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended and internal juices of chicken run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170F.)
Serve chicken and beans over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with hot pepper sauce, if desired. Serve with tossed salad, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.