- Sponsored By: Tyson®
- Featured Product: Tyson® Individually Fresh Frozen® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
This chicken skillet dinner will spice up your meal with beans, jalapeno peppers, and garlic.
- 4 Tyson® Individually Fresh Frozen® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups defatted reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 tsp. minced jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- 1/2 cups mild, medium or hot chunky salsa
Wash hands. Remove protective ice glaze from frozen chicken by holding under cool running water for 1 to 2 minutes. In large, nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and garlic; add chicken. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Stir in broth, beans, jalapeño peppers and cumin; cover. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170°F.) Stir in rice; cover. Let stand 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and salsa. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.