- Sponsored By: Tyson®
- Featured Product: Tyson® Even Cook® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
A classic chicken and rice dish, starring chicken breasts from Tyson!
- 4 Tyson® Even Cook® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 (2 cup) bag boil-in-bag rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. white wine or vermouth
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 artichoke hearts (water-packed), quartered
Wash hands. Remove protective ice glaze from frozen chicken by holding under cool running water for 1 to 2 minutes. Cut chicken into strips. Wash hands. Prepare rice according to package directions Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add green onions to pan and saute about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper and garlic and continue to cook, stirring, about 2 minutes more.
Add chicken, wine, olive oil and artichoke hearts; simmer 2 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170F.)
Serve chicken and vegetables over rice, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.