- Sponsored By: Tyson®
- Featured Product: Tyson® Individually Fresh Frozen® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Try this Chicken Minestrone Soup recipe, perfect for lunch or dinner meal.
- 8-10 Tyson® Individually Fresh Frozen® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 Tbsp.olive oil
- 6 cups defatted, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cups regular rice
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash hands. Remove protective ice glaze by holding under cool running water for 1 to 2 minutes. Cut into one-in. pieces. Clean: Wash hands.
Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in chicken, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is lightly browned. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, rice and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes. Add mixed vegetables; cook 5 minutes. Add zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender and internal juices of chicken run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170°F.)
Serve with Parmesan cheese and soft breadsticks, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.