- Sponsored By: Frigo® (Saputo Cheese)
- Featured Product: Frigo® Ricotta Cheese, Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, Frigo® Parmesan Cheese
Feed a hungry crowd this tasty and filling lasagna!
- 1 (15-oz.) container Frigo® Part-Skim Ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Frigo® Part Skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (5-oz.) wedge Frigo® Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 (24 to 26-oz.) jar spaghetti sauce plus enough water to equal 4 cups
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. frozen fully-cooked original or Italian-style meatballs, defrosted, halved
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Mix Ricotta cheese and eggs in bowl. Stir in spinach, 3 cups Mozzarella cheese and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Reserve remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Top with 3 noodles lengthwise, place the 4th noodle crosswise, breaking noodle to fit. Layer with 1/2 of the Ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the meatballs and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 4 noodles and 1 cup sauce.
Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 375°F oven until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly, about 1 hour. Remove foil. Sprinkle with reserved cheeses. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Let stand, loosely covered, 15 minutes before serving.