- Sponsored By: Katie Workman
Taquitos are delicious on their own, but pairing them with a luxurious and really easy cheese dipping sauce turns them into an appetizer you might expect to find in a Mexican restaurant.
- 1 (22.5 oz.) pkg. Frozen Jose Ole Chicken and Cheese or Steak and Cheese Taquitos
- ½ cup chicken broth, preferably low-sodium
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Coarse or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 strips crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), minced (optional)
Cook the taquitos according to package directions.
Meanwhile, bring the chicken broth to a simmer in a small saucepan. While the chicken broth is heating, toss both of the cheeses with the cornstarch in a small bowl. When the broth is simmering, sprinkle in the cheese a little at a time, whisking as you add the cheese. Allow each addition of cheese to melt before adding the next small amount. When all of the cheese is melted, season with salt and pepper, and pour into a small bowl. Top with the bacon crumbles and the scallions, if desired.
Serve the hot taquitos with the hot cheese dip on the side.