If your back-to-school breakfast routine is in a rut, this healthy sweet potato hash is a great recipe to add to your morning. It is full of vegetables to start the day off healthy while the sweet potatoes and protein keep both kids and adults full until lunch.
2 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
4 NestFresh Eggs
1 avocado, sliced
1. Peel the sweet potato and cut into ¼ inch cubes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the sweet potato, onion, and bell pepper.
4. Cook the mixture until the onion is soft and translucent.
5. Season the hash with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Remove the hash from the pan and keep warm.
7. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and fry each NestFresh Egg for about 3 minutes on each side until set.
8. Top the hash with the fried eggs and avocado.