- Sponsored By: Cool Food Panel
Perfect way to start your day!
- 1 loaf day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened and cut into small cubes
- 1 12 oz. bag of frozen strawberries, large berries cut in half
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 10 large eggs
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Toss the strawberries in the flour.
Spread half the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the cream cheese cubes and strawberries. Layer remaining bread cubes, cream cheese, and strawberries.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt until fully combined. Pour egg mixture over the bread.
Cover the baking dish with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Remove baking dish 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake the covered casserole for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes, or until the custard has set.
Allow casserole to cool for 15 minutes.
Serve dusted with powdered sugar and maple syrup.