- Sponsored By: Easy Home Meals
Whether you make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner - you'll be sure to impress!
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained well
- 1 9-in. refrigerated ready pie crust (1/2 box)
- 1 tsp. all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2-oz.) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. dried dillweed
Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add spinach and stir until spinach is dry, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Dust 1 side of crust with flour. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter quiche dish or pie pan, floured side down. Press into pan, sealing any cracks. Trim edges. Sprinkle both cheeses over bottom of crust. Top with spinach mixture. Beat eggs, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and dillweed in large bowl to blend. Pour over spinach.
Bake until filling is set, about 50 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve.