- Sponsored By: Cool Food Panel
Our Cool Food Panelist, Angie from eclecticrecipes is staying warm and satisfied with her Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew! Using frozen vegetables, this is a dish that you can make and let sit while you're busy with cold weather activities. Then, come home and enjoy a warm, delicious stew!
- 1 1/4 lb. pork loin roast
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 14-oz. can diiced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 10-oz. pkg. baby lima beans
- 10-oz. pkg. corn
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- cooked white rice
- diced oinions
- roughly chopped Italian parsley
Add pork, onion, bell pepper, carrot, BBQ sauce, tomatoes and chicken stock to slow cooker. Cover and turn to low. Cook for 6-8 hours, or until pork has fall to pieces.
Add butter beans, corn and diced potato. Turn to high and cook for 2 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Serve with or without rice, garnished with fresh Italian parsley and diced green onions.