- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. beef stew meat
- 1 pkg. Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 cup rutabaga, cubed
- 1 cup baby-cut carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (14-oz. each) beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add stew meat; cook until browned. Drain grease.
In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker combine browned meat and all remaining ingredients except water and flour. Cover; cook in LOW heat 8 to 10 hours.
In small bowl combine water and flour; stir to mixture is smooth. Add flour mixture to stew; stir gently to mix well. Increase heat to HIGH. Cover; cook for 15 minutes or until thickened.