A savory pie made of hash browns, sausage, egg whites, veggies, and cheese. Yum!
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half crosswise, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup (8-oz.) AllWhites?egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Crystal Farms?Shredded Cheddar Cheese*
Heat oven to 375?F. Butter bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie plate. Firmly press Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns on bottom and sides of pie plate. Bake 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook Italian sausage in 10-inch skillet until browned. Drain fat. Combine cooked sausage, zucchini, red pepper, All Whites? milk and mustard in large bowl; mix well. Pour All Whites?mixture into crust.
Return to oven and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tip: *You can use mild Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese if preferred.