Oh no, Thanksgiving dinner is almost ready and you've forgotten to make the stuffing! Good thing you've got this recipe for Shortcut Sausage Stuffing. This stuffing beats out-of-the-box mixes, and is ready for eating alongside the big bird in less than one hour. Now that's the "stuff" dreams are made of!
1 (16-oz.) frozen garlic bread
1 lb. refrigerated pork sausage
1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen pepper, celery, onion vegetable combination, thawed
1 1/2 cup warm chicken broth
1 tsp. ground sage
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Bake garlic bread according to package directions; remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch chunks and place in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage 8 to 10 minutes, or until brown and crumbly, stirring occasionally. Add sausage to bread chunks.
4. Add vegetables, chicken broth, and sage to sausage mixture; mix well. Place in baking dish and cover.
5. Bake 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes, or until heated through.
Note: Feel free to use your favorite vegetable medley. Any combination will work just fine!