- Sponsored By: SeaPak®
This recipe uses pita bread to craft a delicious flatbread pizza topped with shrimp and veggies.
- 1 medium thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3/4 cup zucchini, diced
- 3/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 1/2 cups portobello mushrooms, diced
- 4 pieces of pita bread (6 1/2 inch round)
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 Tbs. fresh basil, chopped (or 1 1/2 tsp. dry)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. fresh oregano, coarsely chopped (or 1 1/2 tsp. dry)
- 1-2 pkg. of SeaPak Marinated & Grilled Shrimp, Garlic & Herb flavor
Preheat oven to 375F. In a large skillet set over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add onions and garlic and saute until translucent. Add zucchini, scallions and mushrooms. Continue cooking 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetable mixture from heat and set aside.
On a non-stick baking sheet, place four pitas close together, but not overlapping. Heat pitas according to package directions. Remove pitas.
Top each with cooked vegetable mixture, tomatoes, cheese and herbs. Immediately arrange SeaPak® Shrimp on top of each pita pizza. Bake for an additional 8 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes and serve.