Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller.
- 1 pkg. (12oz.) Seapak® Shrimp Scampi - Butter and Garlic or SeaPak® Wild American Shrimp Scampi, frozen
- 4 pineapple rounds (fresh or canned in juice), about 1-in. thick
- 8 (fajita-size) flour tortillas, regular or whole wheat
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 3/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. lime zest, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400º F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium0high heat to preheat. Place pineapple rounds on hot pan and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside. Add shrimp to hot pan and cook according to package directions. Lift shrimp from butter sauce (discard butter sauce if desired) and cut shrimp and pineapple into 1/2 inch pieces.
Arrange four tortillas on prepared baking sheet. Top tortillas with cheese (1/2 cup each), shrimp, pineapple, roasted red peppers, and scallions. Place second tortilla on top and spray the surface with cooking spray. Cover quesadillas with foil and bake 5 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 to 7 more minutes, until cheese melts and tortillas are golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, and garlic. Mix well.
Slice quesadillas into wedges and serve with lime sour cream on the side.