This simple scrambled egg recipe is from NestFresh Eggs.
- 1 Medium ripe tomato, peeled and cut into small dice
- 2 Teaspoons (10ml) butter
- 2 Green onions, minced
- 4 Large NestFresh Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup (125ml) low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare tomato, onions and cheese, set aside.
- In small non-stick skillet heat 1 teaspoon (5mL) butter over high heat, add tomato and green onion, sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet add remaining butter and melt over high heat, reduce heat to low. Pour in beaten eggs, and stir eggs until the eggs turn creamy. Gently fold in the reserved tomato and green onion and cheese. Season to taste.
- To serve, divide mixture and serve on 2 warmed plates.