Add a tomato twist to your mac and cheese, following this easy recipe! Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup (3-oz.) Sargento® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup (1-oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends™ Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2-oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (4-oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook macaroni according to package directions until just tender. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, seasoning, pepper and salt, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Add Cheddar and Parmesan; stir until smooth.
Layer half of pasta, half of tomatoes and half of cheese sauce in prepared baking dish. Repeat layers.
Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese evenly over casserole. Place breadcrumbs in small bowl; spray several times with cooking spray. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 minutes or until top is golden brown.