Treat your dinner table to these indulgent Swiss steakburgers. Incredibly delicious!
- 1-1/4 lbs. ground beef, preferably chuck
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 5 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, divided
- 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Baby Swiss Cheese, cut diagonally in half
- 4 hoagie or bratwurst buns or 5-in. pieces of French bread baguette, split, lightly toasted or grilled
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
Prepare grill, preheat broiler or have a grill pan ready to preheat. Combine meat, onion, salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons mustard; mix well. Shape to form 4 oval patties about 1/2-inch thick.
Grill patties, covered, over medium-hot coals or broil 4 inches from heat source or cook in a hot grill pan over medium-high heat, 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Arrange Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Swiss Cheese attractively over patties; continue cooking until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Place patties on bottoms of buns; top with lettuce and tomato. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons mustard over insides of bun tops; close sandwiches.