- Sponsored By: Sargento® Foods, Inc.
A delicious panino packed full of classic Southwest flavor!
- 2 tsp. butter, softened
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Monterey Jack or Colby Cheese
- 1 can whole green chili, well drained
- 2-oz. thinly sliced deli roast or smoked turkey breast
- 1 Tbsp. chunky salsa
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread; turn one slice over onto a sheet of waxed paper. Place one slice of cheese over bread. Split open chili to lay flat and place over cheese. Layer turkey, salsa, cilantro and remaining slice of cheese over chili. Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
Cook sandwich in a preheated panini maker or lightly greased waffle iron until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Sandwich may be cooked in a preheated ridged grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Place a saucepan or small skillet on top of sandwich to flatten; cook 3 minutes. Turn; replace saucepan and continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.