- Sponsored By: Sargento® Foods, Inc.
- Featured Product: Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
Make your cheeseburger a Provolone cheeseburger with this tasty recipe.
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. sun-dried tomato oil from jar
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 -1/2 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 1 cup ( 4-oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Sharp Provolone Cheese
- 5 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 20-25 arugula leaves, optional
Mix together ground beef, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato oil, garlic, basil, herbs, Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Form into 5 patties about 3/4-inch thick on the edges and 1/2-inch thick in the center.
Coat grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium to medium-high heat. Grill burgers 5 minutes. Turn and top each with a slice of cheese. Cook 5 minutes more or until burgers are cooked through and cheese is melted. Meanwhile. toast buns about 1-2 minutes on grill; place burgers on buns and serve with arugula, if desired and other condiments.