- Sponsored By: Sargento® Foods, Inc.
- Featured Product: Sargento® Natural Blends® Deli Style Sliced Provolone-Mozzarella Cheese
Layer these ingredients for a panini sandwich full of delicious New Orleans flavor!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 slices rustic Italian or sourdough bread
- 2 slices Sargento® Natural Blends® Deli Style Sliced Provolone-Mozzarella Cheese
- 2-oz. sliced Genoa salami
- 2 Tbsp. chopped stuffed green olives
- 1 Tbsp. well drained mild or hot pickled vegetables (giardiniera)
Brush oil over one side of each slice of bread; turn one slice over onto a sheet of waxed paper. Place one slice of Sargento® Natural Blends® Deli Style Sliced Provolone-Mozzarella Cheese over bread; top with half of salami, olives, vegetables, remaining salami and remaining slice of cheese. Top with remaining read, oiled side up.
Cook sandwich in a preheated panini maker or lightly greased waffle iron until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Sandwich may be cooked in a ridged grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Place a saucepan or small skillet on top of sandwich to flatten; cook 3 minutes. Turn; replace saucepan and continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.