Calling all mushroom lovers, this mushroom-smothered cheeseburger recipe was made for you!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups sliced button, baby Portobello or exotic mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Kaiser, onion or poppy seed rolls, split, lightly toasted
Combine meat, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix thoroughly but lightly and form into 4 patties about 5 inches in diameter.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, grill patties over medium-hot coals or broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes per side or until meat is no longer pink in center. Place Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese over patties during the last minute of cooking to melt. Place patties on bottoms of rolls. Top with mushroom mixture and roll tops.