Try this simple Reuben sandwich recipe using Swiss cheese and corned beef, perfect for lunch or dinner.
copyright 2003 Sargento Foods Inc.
- 1/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 8 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 8 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1 lb. thinly sliced deli corned beef or turkey pastrami
- 3/4 cup drained sauerkraut
Combine mayonnaise, chili sauce and horseradish in small bowl.
Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Place Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Swiss Cheese over other side of bread. Arrange corned beef over half of bread, top with mayonnaise mixture and sauerkraut. Close sandwiches with remaining slices of bread, cheese side down and butter side up.
Cook each sandwich on preheated large skillet over medium-low heat 4 minutes each side or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.