Jazz up your potato salad using bacon and Swiss cheese!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 lbs. baby red and baby yellow potatoes (2 lbs. each), washed, dried and halved
- 1-1/3 cups olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 tsp. each coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon (6-8 slices)
- 1-1/4 cups (5-oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Swiss Cheese, divided
- 6-8 Romaine or leaf lettuce leaves, optional
Coat grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium to medium-high heat.
Precook potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water for about 5-7 minutes. Drain and cool slightly in a large mixing bowl; toss with 2/3 cup olive oil, 2 Tablespoons thyme, salt and pepper. Place in a grill basket or thread onto skewers and place on grill. Cook approximately 12-15 minutes, shaking basket or turning skewers until tender and browned on all sides.
For dressing, mix together 2/3 cup olive oil, vinegar, 2 Tablespoons thyme, mustard and bacon. Whisk in 3/4 cup Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Swiss Cheese.
Toss potatoes with dressing. Line a salad bowl or platter with lettuce, if desired. Top with potato salad. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top.