- Sponsored By: Sargento® Foods, Inc.
- Featured Product: Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Vermont Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
Chicken, cheese, guacomole, and tomato layered together on tasty ciabatta bread.
- 1 to 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to about 1/2-in. thick
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- 10 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Vermont Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 (15-in.) loaf crusty ciabatta bread
- 1 pkg. (12-oz.) guacamole
- 1 medium Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 5 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Coat grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
Lightly brush chicken with 3 Tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Place on preheated grill and cook 3-5 minutes. Turn; place half of Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Vermont Sharp White Cheddar Cheese on top and cook for 3-4 minutes more until cheese is melted. Remove from grill and cover with foil to keep warm.
Cut bread open, leaving end connected so top and bottom are hinged. Brush remaining oil on top and bottom of bread.
Place remaining cheese on bottom of bread, followed by guacamole, tomato and cilantro, if desired. Place chicken, cheese-side up, on top. Close sandwich with top of ciabatta and press down with spatula while grilling 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from grill; cut in 5 pieces and serve.