Veggies and cheese sandwiched together in a tasty panini!
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or softened butter
- 4 large slices pumpernickel, marble rye or multi-grain bread
- 8 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups deli or take out grilled or roasted vegetables* such as bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini squash and asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup bottled olive tapenade or olive and sun-dried tomato relish
Brush oil or spread butter over one side of bread slices. Turn bread over; layer 2 slices cheese over each slice of bread. Top 2 of the slices with vegetables, cutting any large vegetables to fit as needed. Spread tapenade over the cheese on the other 2 slices of bread. Close sandwiches.
Cook sandwiches in a preheated panini maker or lightly greased waffle iron until golden brown and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. (Or, sandwiches may be cooked in a preheated ridged grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Place a skillet or saucepan on top of sandwiches to flatten; cook 3 minutes. Turn sandwiches; replace skillet or saucepan and continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.)