Spruce up your ham and cheese sandwich with this French style ham and swiss panino recipe. YUM!
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Dijon or hot Dijon mustard
- 2 slices sourdough, roasted garlic or olive bread
- 2 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 2-oz. deli smoked ham or 3 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread over one side of each slice of bread. Turn one slice over onto a sheet of waxed paper. Place one slice of Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Swiss Cheese over bread; top with ham, tomato and remaining slice of cheese. Top with remaining slice of bread, mustard side up.
Cook sandwich in a preheated panini maker or lightly greased waffle iron until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Sandwich may be cooked in a ridged grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Place a saucepan or small skillet on top of sandwich to flatten; cook 3 minutes. Turn; replace saucepan and continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.