- Sponsored By: Sargento® Foods, Inc.
- Featured Product: Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
A flaky, cheesy snack that also makes a great appetizer.
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups (8-oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, any variety
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper or 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
Combine egg and water; mix well. Carefully unfold both pastry sheets on lightly floured surface. Brush half of egg mixture evenly over each sheet of pastry; sprinkle Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese evenly over half of each sheet. Fold plain half of pastry over cheese; press firmly to seal cheese inside pastry.
Brush tops of pastry with remaining egg mixture; sprinkle with pepper or sesame seeds. Using a sharp knife, start at short end and cut pastry into 1/2-inch strips. Twist each strip twice and arrange on ungreased baking sheet 1 inch apart, pressing ends down.
Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to cool; serve at room temperature.