Classic Italian pizza, timeless flavor.
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage (or links with casing removed)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (12-in.) pizza crust or Italian bread shell
- 1/2 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1-1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cups (8-oz.) Sargento® Fancy Shredded Pizza Double Cheese®
Cook sausage, onion and, if desired, green pepper in large nonstick skillet 5 minutes on medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Place pizza crust on foil-lined baking sheet. Combine pizza sauce and pepper flakes, if desired; spread evenly over crust. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with basil and cheese.
Bake in preheated 425 degree F oven 12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.