- Sponsored By: Sargento® Foods, Inc.
- Featured Product: Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese
These Chili Tortilla Stacks combine ground beef, beans and salsa for the perfect meal anytime.
copyright 2003 Sargento Foods Inc.
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1 can (16-oz.) refried beans
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 12 (6-in.) tortillas
- 2 cup (8-oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, divided
- Sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro
Brown ground beef with garlic in large skillet until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa, beans and green onions; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place 4 tortillas on foil-lined baking sheet. Spread half of bean mixture evenly over tortillas, spreading to edges, using about 1/3 cup bean mixture for each tortilla. Top with 3/4 cup Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese. Repeat layering with 4 more tortillas, remaining bean mixture and 3/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining 4 tortillas. Spoon remaining salsa evenly over tortillas, spreading to edges.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until heated through. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.