Whip up a delicious chicken florentine dish in under an hour with this easy recipe!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp. (each) salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, seperated
- 1 pkg. (10-oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup pasta sauce, heated
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs on shallow plate. Beat egg white in a shallow bowl. Dip each chicken breast in egg white, letting excess drip off. Roll in crumbs, patting to coat well.
Combine spinach, egg yolk and nutmeg in small bowl. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Reduce heat to low. Top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup spinach mixture and 1 Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Mozzarella Cheese. Cook, covered, 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Spoon pasta sauce over chicken.
Make-ahead tip: Chicken may be made to point of breading, then covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours before cooking.