Heat up the oven for this delicious dish of cheese & herb roasted root vegetables!
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, halved
- 1 lb. parsnips, rutabaga or turnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8-oz. baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as thyme, parsley, chives, rosemary and sage
- 1 cup (4-oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
Combine potatoes, parsnips and carrots in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle oil over vegetables; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss well and spread into a single layer.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Toss vegetables with herbs and top with Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian. Return to oven and continue baking until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.