Try this recipe for an easy, cozy fall meal!
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves, flattened to 1/8 in. thickness
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 6 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cube or envelope chicken flavor bouillon
- Sargento® Grated Parmesan & Romano Cheeses
Combine salt and flour; coat each chicken breast.
Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet; add chicken breasts, a few at a time. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Remove from skillet. Arrange Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Mozzarella Cheese slices on 6 chicken breasts and top with remaining chicken. Skewer together with toothpicks; set aside.
For sauce, melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet with drippings over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in pepper and flour until blended. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup water, milk, wine and bouillon; heat to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Discard toothpicks. Arrange on platter and sprinkle with Parmesan and Romano cheeses.