- Sponsored By: Sargento® Foods, Inc.
- Featured Product: Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese
A fun twist on a classic burger, this recipe is sure to spice up your summer.
copyright 2003 Sargento Foods Inc.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup (4-oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- Chopped banana peppers or pepperoncini (optional)
Combine ground beef, salsa, tortilla chips, chili powder and salt in medium bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 8 patties.
Place hamburger bun tops, cut-side up, in pan large enough to hold one layer. Divide Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese evenly over buns; cover with foil. Place on edge of preheated charcoal grill 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Grill patties on preheated medium-hot grill; grill 5 minutes each side or until no longer pink in center. Serve on hamburger bun bottoms; top with tomatoes, lettuce and, if desired, peppers. Cover with bun tops, cheese side down.
Variation: To broil hamburgers, place bun tops with cheese under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat; broil 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place burgers under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat; cook 5 minutes each side or to desired doneness.