Try this bbq chicken salad for lunch, dinner, or a quick snack anytime.
copyright 2003 Sargento Foods Inc.
- 6 (1-1/2 lbs.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- 1 pkg. (10-oz.) mixed salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup (6-oz.) Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can (11-oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2.5 oz.)sliced black olives, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
Brush both sides of chicken with barbecue sauce. Place on preheated grill; grill 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
Combine lettuce, tomatoes, 3/4 cup Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, red pepper, corn, beans, olives and green onions in a large bowl. Combine dressing, chili powder and cumin in small bowl.
Divide lettuce mixture onto 6 serving plates. Slice chicken; arrange over lettuce. Drizzle salads with dressing and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Make-ahead Tip: Chicken may be cooked and refrigerated up to 1 day before serving; reheat or served chilled. Tip: For a lower fat version, use Sargento® Light 4 Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese and light or fat free Ranch dressing.