Please your summer picnic guests with these easy recipe for a tasty balsamic vegetable pasta salad.
- 8-oz. (4 cups) bow tie or rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans or asparagus spears (1-in. pieces)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1-3/4 cup (7-oz.) Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp. sugar
- 3/4 Tsp. salt
- 1/4 Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions adding beans and bell pepper during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; mix well. Drain pasta and vegetables; rinse with cold water and drain well. Add to bowl and toss with dressing. Add 1-1/4 cups Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and tomatoes; toss again. Serve at room temperature or chilled, topped with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and parsley.
NOTE: Diced cooked chicken or ham may be added to the salad. Bottled balsamic vinaigrette may be substituted for the last five ingredients.