- Sponsored By: Sargento® Foods, Inc.
Take your omelet making to new heights with this recipe for a hearty provolone, salami, and tomato omelet!
- 2 eggs and 2 egg whites or 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk or water
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 3/4 cup (3-oz.) plus 2 Tbsp. Sargento® Limited Edition Italian Blend Aged Provolone Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped deli sliced salami
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
Beat eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Lift edges of omelet with spatula to allow uncooked portion of eggs to flow to edges and set.
When eggs are almost set, sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese, salami, tomato and basil over eggs. Fold half of omelet over filling (or fold in thirds).
Sprinkle remaining 2 Tbsp. cheese over omelet. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 minutes or until eggs are set in center. Divide omelet in half; transfer to serving plates.