- Sponsored By: Katie Workman
Our Cool Food Panelist, Katie Workman, created this healthy salad that is pretty easy on the eyes and nice to serve with a warm roll on the side!
- 1 (6.3 oz.) pkg. frozen Gorton’s Classic Grilled Salmon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. minced fresh dill
- Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen Green Giant Sweet Peas, defrosted and well drained
1. Bake the salmon according to package directions (see Cooking Tip). Allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and capers. Season with salt and pepper. 3. Flake the salmon into small pieces using your fingers or a fork and place them in a medium sized bowl. Add the dressing, dill and the peas and toss gently to combine. Taste for seasoning and serve at room temperature or chilled.
- You may notice the salmon’s natural white protein coming to the surface as it cooks; this is fine. It wipes off easily after cooking, though it’s perfectly fine to eat.
- You can vary the type of herb you use; dill is always a great companion to salmon, but basil or tarragon would also be delicious.
- Fully cooked fish should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. before serving.
- Gorton’s Grilled Salmon is naturally gluten-free, as is this entire recipe (except the rolls, if you choose to serve the salad with them).