Try this recipe for an easy-to-make yet exquisite rigatoni primavera alfredo dish.
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12-oz.) evaporated skim milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6-oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Italian, divided
- 8-oz. rigatoni, rotini or mostaccioli pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 pkg. (10-oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, such as broccoli, sugar snap peas and red peppers
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and flour; cook 2 minutes. Add milk and salt. Heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup cheese until melted.
Combine pasta, sauce and vegetables. Transfer to greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish or oval casserole.
Cover with foil; bake in preheated 375? oven 12 minutes or until hot. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1 minute more or until cheese is melted.