- Sponsored By: Frigo® (Saputo Cheese)
- Featured Product: Frigo® Ricotta Cheese, Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, Frigo® Parmesan Cheese
Whip up this crowd-pleasing classic in no time!
- 1 (15-oz.) container Frigo® Ricotta cheese
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Frigo® Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (5-oz.) wedge Frigo® Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (24 to 26-oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Mix Ricotta cheese and egg in bowl. Stir in 3 cups Mozzarella cheese and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Reserve remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Brown ground beef over medium heat until not pink, about 10 minutes. Drain. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in spaghetti sauce and beef broth.
Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce in bottom of 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Top with 3 noodles lengthwise, place 4th noodle crosswise, breaking to fit. Layer heaping 1 cup of the meat sauce and 1/2 of the Ricotta mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 4 noodles and remaining meat sauce.
Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 375°F oven until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly, about 50 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with reserved cheeses. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Let stand, loosely covered, 15 minutes before serving.