This provolone panini with prosciutto and peppers is a MUST try!
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips or cubes
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ciabatta rolls (8 large slices rustic Italian bread may be substituted)
- 12 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Provolone Cheese
8-oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
Toss red peppers with rosemary and oil; season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven 15 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Preheat panini grill or heat gas grill to medium-low.
Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta rolls; save for another use. The rolls should now be 1-inch thick. Split the rolls horizontally. Turn bottom halves up and top with 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Provolone Cheese, the prosciutto, the peppers and remaining 8 slices cheese. Close sandwiches with top halves of ciabatta rolls. Brush lightly with additional olive oil, if desired.
Cook sandwiches in panini grill (in batches if necessary) or on gas grill for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.