- Sponsored By: Mr. Food® Test Kitchen
Your favorite sandwich isn't just for lunch anymore, now that you’ve got Mr. Food Test Kitchen's recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Omelet Cups. They've jmade it easier than ever for you to rise 'n' shine with a breakfast version of the classic Philly Cheesesteak you already love, and it's all thanks to some shortcut ingredients found in your supermarket's dairy and freezer cases.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated shredded potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped pepper and onion blend, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 frozen sandwich steaks (see Tips)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- If you’re not familiar with frozen sandwich steaks, you are in for a treat! Found in the freezer case, they’re thin “steaks” that cook quickly and so super tender, they break up while cooking.
- Also, if you want to make these omelet cups ahead of time, they store great in the fridge and reheat in seconds in the microwave.