- Sponsored By: Frigo® (Saputo Cheese)
- Featured Product: Frigo® Ricotta Cheese, Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, Frigo® Parmesan Cheese
Enjoy rustic penne pasta with delicious, creamy vodka sauce and vegetables.
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 cups packed baby spinach (3-oz.)
- 2 cups freshly shredded Frigo® Mozzarella cheese (whole milk or part-skim)
- 1/4 cup grated Frigo® Parmesan cheese
Creamy, White Vodka Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 pkg. (8-oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 container (15-oz.) Frigo® Ricotta cheese (whole milk or part-skim)
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 350 º F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
For sauce, heat butter in large pan over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, red pepper, onion and garlic until tender and no liquids remain, about 5-7 minutes. Add vodka. Simmer 1-2 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Reduce heat to medium-low.
In a large bowl, combine half-and-half, Ricotta cheese and flour until blended. Add to pan with vegetables. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1-2 minutes, or until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add spinach, creamy vodka sauce and 1 cup Mozzarella to hot pasta. Stir to combine. Spoon into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with Parmesan and remaining Mozzarella.
Bake in 350 º F oven until hot, about 20 minutes.