Sweet peaches top fluffy pancakes in this recipe that make the perfect weekend breakfast treat for the whole family.
- 1/2 Cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 Cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (8.5oz) sliced peaches in fruit juices
- 2 NestFresh Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable pan spray
- In small bowl, stir together yogurt, cheese and vanilla.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice. Chop peaches. Stir into yogurt mixture. Set aside.
- In 1-quart liquid measure, stir together 1/4 cup of the reserved juice, eggs and sugar until blended.
- In small bowl, stir together baking mix and cinnamon. Add to egg mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (batter will be lumpy.)
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water (380 F. for electric griddle). Lightly coat with pan spray.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top. Before bubbles break, turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve hot topped with reserved peach mixture.