This recipe combines two delicious meals - pasta and pizza!
- 2 cups dry rotini (corkscrew) pasta
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4-oz.) shredded Black Creek® Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can (15-oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 2 cups (8-oz.) shredded Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously oil a 14” pizza pan or 15” baking sheet.
Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse and drain well.
Combine eggs and milk; stir into cooked pasta. Add Cheddar cheese and onion; mix well. Spread pasta mixture evenly over pizza pan or baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef until browned; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil, oregano and garlic salt.
Spoon meat mixture over baked pasta crust. Arrange tomato slices and bell pepper rings over meat. Top with olives if desired.
Sprinkle with Frigo® Mozzarella cheese. Bake about 15 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly.